TETRA Benefit Ride at SIXRS Ranch
20081 FM 831
September 16-18, 2022
Join us at the lovely SIXRS Ranch for several days of riding the open trails and thick forests this ranch has to offer. This is a working ranch, with cattle, and other wildlife. Dorris Ann is donating all ride funds to TETRA in support of our organization.
New riding opportunities:
Early Thursday arrivals and Monday departures are allowed and charged an additional $10/day to Dorris Ann. This does not cover fees for pens, RV hookups and lodging. Riding on your own without a guide is at your own risk. Trails are marked, a GPS is useful. Contact Dorris Ann by text to make these early/late arrival/departure arrangements.
For those that are not arriving early, please do not arrive until Friday at 1:00PM. Check in will begin by 4:00, PM, with current Coggins required. Sunday gates close at 2:00PM from all residences and camp area, unless guest has extended their stay with Dorris Ann.
TETRA member $25/person, $30/non-member day or weekend ride. Children 18 years of age and younger accompanied by a riding adult are no charge.
- Friday arrival-Check in and registration, Meet and Greet
- Friday: Ride out on your own. Do not go through any gates.
- 7:30PM Bring your favorite appetizers to share at the fire. Bring your own drinks and chairs.
- 9:00am Saturday: Ride, snacks provided by SIXRS on the trail.
- 12:00: Return to campground for lunch on your own.
- 3:00PM return to camp about 5:30.
- 7:00PM Saturday Potluck TETRA provides the meat, served at the campground light pole across from the pens
- 9:00AM Sunday Ride return to camp at 11am.
- Depart no later than 2:00PM.
- RV-6 hookups 30-50 amps and water. Primitive camping in the pasture by the lake, with designated generator area. No public restrooms.
- A fully furnished house, the Painted Horse Inn, to rent for $250/night. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, with a full kitchen and living area. There are 4 queen beds and 3 double beds. Accommodates up to 14 people.
- Bunkhouse HQ, 2 miles from the campground. Sleeps 6 with full kitchen and bath, $100/night
- Pens with covered stalls and runs $25 each/weekend.
- To reserve an RV site, pens, the bunkhouse or the inn, contact Doris Ann at 903-545-2587 or 903-388-0439. A waitlist will be kept and assigned on a first come first/serve basis with Dorris Ann.
Ride surface is mainly red sand, with rocky creek crossings. For more information about the ride, call or text Geri Bischoff at 512-658-0937.
TETRA rules /trail etiquette must be observed on all TETRA sponsored trail rides. Horses prone to kick must have a red ribbon attached to their tail. Dogs must always stay on a leash. No dogs on the trail.
We ask you to leave the pasture as pristine as you found it.
Please be ready by the set "ride out" time. Make this trail ride enjoyable and safe for everyone by adhering to trail ride rules.
DIRECTIONS: In Buffalo, Texas, turn south on Hwy 75 from the intersection of Hwy 79 and 75. Go 4 miles to FM 831 and turn east. You will go 10 miles - through the town of Flo and across Serasco Creek - to a brick gate. Take the ranch road to the camp area. Signs will be posted.
Register at www.tetratrails.org
If you have been recently exposed to someone with Covid-19, running a fever, have a cough, shortness of breath, experiencing loss of smell, or gastrointestinal illness, stay home.